Mark Palmer of HASAW here in town says…
“Welcome on board to David Wynne our new Fire Safety Consultant. David has a very compelling story to tell:
““Two years ago, at the end of a normal day with the usual kitchen/ tidying up chores, the dishwasher was put on whilst the wife and I watched TV. Fifteen minutes later, a waft of smoke drifted into the lounge. We very quickly rang The Fire Brigade and awoke our two children to evacuate. The fire was dealt with but the damage extensive to the whole downstairs- complete devastation. Many hotels later and insurance toing and froing, we moved back in some ten months later. “The lesson is never leave domestic appliances on overnight. If we had, I wouldn’t be here to tell the story.”
Statistics show fire related incidents in the UK decreasing.
More knowledge, initiatives and general awareness and change in behaviours must be the answer.
Let’s all keep up the good work.
“Prevention rather than cure”
To find out moe call Karen on 01832 735874 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to book an appointment.