The recently installed letters spelling ‘Rushden Lakes’ recently installed on the rails next to the lake have been met with mixed opinions. Like a certain well known spread – it seems you either love them or hate them.
The person high letters are a rainbow of colours and the artwork depicts flora and fauna that can be found around the lakes.
Rushden Lakes is a unique shopping centre that combines nature and commercialism. Visitors are not only encouraged to shop in the stores, eat, drink and stay for a film in the cinema, they’re also encouraged to walk around the lakes and even paddle out on a pedalo across the lake. The Wildlife Trust has a base at Rushden Lakes and supplies binoculars to use to view the birds on the lake. In keeping with the animal loving side, dogs on leads are made welcome all across the site and welcome in most shops, and some cafes.
Today on our Welcome to Rushden Lakes Facebook page we shared the large new sign and within minutes opinion was clearly divided.
People were worried the deck chairs had gone, but rest assured they are still there, and of course moveable if you want a better view.
Opinions viewed have included:
- They’re lovely!
- Loads of people will take photos and share online. From a marketing perspective it’s great.
- It’s not very natural and back to nature.
- Nice sign, terrible idea. It ruins the view of the lake and the tranquility of sitting in a deckchair looking out over the lake.
- Love it – how colourful!
- You can please some of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all the people all of the time.
- Waste of money. I mean you’re not going to be wandering around and think ‘where am I?’are you?
- No, no not on the board walk, Ruins the holiday feel.
- Ruins the view.
…to read more divided opinions click here – Rushden Lake letters
We’ve asked Rushden Lakes for opinion and are awaiting their response. We shall update you as soon as we hear from them.