Northampton General Hospital are further restricting visiting to the hospital to help to protect patients and staff and stop the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19).
With immediate effect Northampton General Hospital will not allow any visitors into the hospital. By not visiting the hospital you will help to keep patients and staff safe and save lives.
The following departments have some exceptions:
- Maternity – one birth partner only as long as they are not displaying any symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19).
- Disney and Paddington wards – one parent or guardian only. No other visitors or siblings.
- Gosset ward – one parent only. No other visitors or siblings.
- Accident and emergency – one visitor only and no children as visitors. Please be aware that if you do bring more than one person with you our teams will ask additional visitors to leave unless there are exceptional circumstances.
- Outpatient and other appointments – If you come to the hospital for any other reason please don’t bring a visitor with you. If it is essential that you have a visitor with you please make sure that you only bring one person and that you do not bring any children.
In the upsetting or difficult circumstance where patients may be at the end of their lives different visiting restrictions will apply. These times are to be agreed at the discretion of the nurse in charge.
If you do need to visit the hospital you must use the hand gel provided or wash your hands thoroughly for at least 20 seconds. This should be done when you enter the hospital site, when you enter a clinical area and leaving the site.
Please do not visit the site unless you have an appointment or need emergency care.
Thank you for your cooperation.