Tips on keeping nails fabulous from Chantelle Morgan at Revive Me Style
- Nails need sun protection too so use a topcoat enriched with UV filters. This also helps to protect the nail polish from discolouration.
- If you have very brittle nails, try painting your base coat and nail polish under the tip of your nails to add extra strength.
- If you have uneven ridges in your nails, avoid pearly or frosted polished as they highlight imperfections.
- Wet nails can be dried quickly by plunging them into ice-cold water!
- To make nail polish last longer, store it in the fridge. To ensure an even consistency, never shake a bottle of nail polish, instead, turn it upside down once and then roll it between your palms.
- If your planning on doing messy work, drag your nails over a bar of soap first. The undersides of your nails will fill up with soap preventing them from filling with dirt later on!
- Invest in speciality products such as ridge fillers, base coat and top-coat as they have different purposes. Basecoat feels sticky once applied to act as a fixative for nail enamel. It also prevents staining. The topcoat dries hard, locking in the colour to give the surface a hard, protective barrier.
- Clean ink and stains from the nails using a toothbrush and whitening toothpaste. Or dissolve a couple of denture cleaning tablets in water and gently use it to scrub your nails clean.
- Only use gentle Emery board to file – always avoid metal files.
- Never file your nails straight after a bath or hot shower, as this is when they are at their weakest and therefore most likely to split.
- To clean up any smudges of nail polish, use and old, clean lip brush dipped in nail polish remover.
- . Go to a certified nail technician for nail extensions and repairs – it is very easy to damage the nail bed if you are not an expert.
- To avoid peeling of polish, apply just a single coat of ridge-filler, and wait until it’s completely dry before applying the regular polish in two thin coats (this gives better coverage, dries faster and lasts longer).
Chantelle Morgan is a Style and Confidence Coach
She supports women to increase their confidence though the style of clothes by identify their season and WOW colours, style personalities, personal shopping and more that will complement their body shape. She also helps women to rock in confidence by learning to love their body and accept themselves for who they really are and achieving their goal and dreams they desire to have in their future.
If you need support in finding your own Personal Style though your clothes and want to increase your confidence and body image, Get in touch with Chantelle/
For More Information